The Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon and Half Marathon are point-to-point races, which means the start and finish lines are at different locations. The following plan is designed to make getting to and from the race venues as easy as we can make it for our participants. Please understand this is a compilation of efforts made by several city agencies, event production teams and venue operators.
BEFORE THE RACE
Shuttles are for runners only and provided for the marathon and the half marathon races on Sunday. They are NOT being provided for the 5K and kids marathon on Saturday. The morning shuttles will not be returning to the Morning Shuttle Depot or to the Finish Line.
HOW IT WORKS
Morning shuttles will be loaded 1-2 at a time and will leave as soon as they are full.
**There are no shuttles provided by the race leaving from Convention Center or Coliseum as they did in 2016, or the IP Casino as they did in 2017. The only morning shuttles will be leaving from the shuttle depot at MGM Park. There will be shuttles for both the half and full marathons.
SHUTTLE TIMES & SCHEDULES
- Morning Shuttle Depot Opens: 4:30am (CST) for loading
- First Shuttles Depart 4:45am (CST) for the•
- 24-mile ride that takes 40-45 minutes to the Marathon Start Line
- 10-mile ride that takes 15-20 minutes to the Half Marathon Start Line
- Final Shuttles for the Marathon Start Line: 5:45am (CST) – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Final Shuttles for the Half Marathon Start Line: 6:10am (CST) – NO EXCEPTIONS
Shuttle Premiums and Amenities
- Staff and volunteers directing traffic, parking and shuttle loading at the Morning Shuttle Depot locations
- Portable restrooms at both Starting Lines
- Announcers and music at both Start Lines as well as areas to stretch and relax
- Water and Powerade at both Start Lines
- Gear Check at both Start Lines to transport your gear to the Finish Line
Gear Check Rules
Attached to your race bib is a Gear Check tag. Please bring a closeable bag with your Gear Check tag attached to speed the process along. Any items left on buses or at the start line not in a gear check bag will be donated to charity. We are not responsible for lost or stolen goods — so do not pack valuables.
MARATHON – There is NO PARKING available at the Marathon Start Line. Please use the shuttles for the Marathon and do not attempt to park or be dropped off. Having someone drop you off at the Marathon Start Line will prove difficult and could lead to congestion delaying our shuttle services.
HALF – There is ample parking available at the Half Marathon Start Line both at the CTA Parking Garage and in Jones Park. If it makes sense for you to drive yourself to the Half Marathon Start Line or have someone drop you off, then please refer to the maps and traffic flow diagrams to make arrangements.
Remember there are NO RETURN SHUTTLES after the race to either start line. Hwy 90 will be open to vehicle traffic until closer to the race start times. STAY OUT OF THE ROAD. Listen to the announcers and follow his/her directions. Once the roads are closed to traffic and the pace groups are in position, runners will be allowed to cross Hwy 90 and self-seed themselves near the appropriate pace groups. All runners should plan to be onsite and ready by 6:30am. We need to get you moved into the road, make final announcements, play our National Anthem, and get you on your way at 7:00am SHARP.
- Don’t cut it close — an extra 30 minutes of sleep isn’t going to improve your day and it could ruin it if you’re late or run into any unforeseen obstacles. Get to the Morning Shuttle Depot or Start Lines early.
- Carpool — pile into as few cars as possible – grab a running buddy and ride together.
- If you drove to the start of the Half Marathon, leave your morning car where you park it until after the race is over (2:00pm). Use another vehicle to get back to your original car once the roads are open.
- Driving back to the Half Marathon Start Line to retrieve your car prior to 2:00pm along Hwy 90 will cause stress.
- Stay the extra night and enjoy your accomplishment Sunday at a casino resort.